Sunday, October 28, 2012

NASI LEMAK

Just like the owner of the blog from which I took the recipe to try on... I am a superb Nasi Lemak lover. If you wan me to have Nasi Lemak for my 3meal in a day, I can make it too :). I have try to my best to cook but for the first time cooking this consider not bad just that I have use not enough coconut milk for cooking my rice and the rice outcome not enough coconut fragant but lucky my Lil' Girl still love it and she finish up all the rice.
 
Ingredient:
for Coconut Rice
2 cups Rice (I use fragant rice)
110 ml Coconut Milk
350 ml Water
3 pcs Pandan Leaves
3/4 tsp salt or to taste
2 slices Ginger, Shredded
 
for Sambal Chilies
Blended Chili Paste:
  20g dried chili, cut into two, boiled in hot water for 5mins
  1 big Onion
  3 cloves Garlic
  1 tsp Belacan
  2 slices Ginger
1 big Onion (sliced)
30 gm Tamarind Paste (mix with 125ml water and remove the seeds)
30 gm Anchovies (deep fry and ground to fine powder)
200 ml Water
3/4 tsp salt or to taste
1 1/2tbsp sugar or to taste
 
for Garnishing
Deep Fry Anchovies
Hard Boiled Egg (I did not prepare this as my Egg are finish)
Japanese Cucumber
Pandan Chicken (from my previous recipe)
 
Method:
for Coconut Rice
  • Washed rice and place it with the knotted pandan leaves in an electric rice cooker.
  • Pour in coconut milk, water, ginger and salt over the rice. Stir well and leave the rice to soak for 30mins for the rice become more fluffy.
  • After the waiting timing, cook the rice. Once the button auto switched to “keep warm” button, fluff the rice with a fork or chopsticks.
  • Leave it warm in the rice cooker before serve.
** you need to adjust water amount according to the type of rice you use.
 
for Sambal Chilies
  • Heat oil in a wok and add in chili paste. Stir fried over low medium heat till fragrant and oil separated (take about 20mins).
  • Add in ground anchovies, tamarind water, water and keep stirring until the sambal is abit thick.
  • Season with salt and sugar to your taste and the last add onion slices.
  • Cook to mix well for 1-2mins.

Remark: Credit to Sonia for sharing this delicious recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment